Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Happy Anniversary

Today is my 14th wedding anniversary. I've been married to a wonderful and difficult woman for a very long time. When I say wonderful and difficult, I mean it. She has overcome so many obstacles in her life that I'm amazed at her resilience. She is a wonderful stay at home mom who is very involved in church activities. She loves me and I'm not the easiest person to love, just ask her...or anyone who knows me for that matter. But, did I mention that she's difficult? You see she is what we in the biz call aggressive, passive aggressive to be exact. That's a problem when it comes to emotional intimacy. Combine that with her innate ability to communicate poorly and you run into a few arguments here and there. But, the problems over the years have been outweighed by the benefits. So, I think we'll stick with this. As a matter of fact, our stubbornness has probably been the greatest strength to our long marriage. We simply refuse to break our commitment no matter how pissy the other person may get. Now, I'm not sure what effect this has on our relationship (I'm sure it's not good) but it has led to a long marriage.

I really hope we can get past this silly bickering stage in our relationship. I'm not sure how to do it but I'm willing to try.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey it's me...the passive agressive one. I so love you Scott. Yes, I also think our stubborness has helped us to stick it out. More to come ; ) Should I say...more to cum.
What a dirty mind I have.
I love you so much. Glad that we have stuck it out for one more year. Kristy

11/25/2006 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Traffic Counter
Circuit City Coupon