Monday, December 19, 2005

word

"So the Gospel is a good, joyful message about Christ our Savior. Whoever preaches correctly preaches the Gospel and nothing but joy. How can our hearts have a greater joy than knowing that Christ is given to us to be our own? So the nature of the Gospel is not just teaching the story and life of Christ but also personalizing it and offering it to all who believe. What would it help me if Christ were born a thousand times and this was sung to me every day with wonderful music, if I did not understand that His death was for me and that I should make it my own? No matter how badly it is preached, my heart hears the Gospel with joy. It penetrates all the way through and sounds wonderful." Martin Luther, By Faith alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Traffic Counter
Circuit City Coupon