Thursday, June 29, 2006

What happens when you combine a high speed dog and a high speed bike at a ninety degree angle?

So, I was tooling down the boulevard on my road bike the other day, minding my own business, taking in the warm summer breezes, and generally enjoying myself when a dog collided with the side of my front wheel. We were both going about 20mph, he ran out of a hidden driveway, the collision was unavoidable...that is, unless the owner had the dog on a leash IAW the law. I came to rest about 30 feet from the point of impact. My helmet was broken, my bike was slightly knocked out of whack and I was scraped and bruised. The X-rays indicated that my right hip was not broken.

The funny thing about the whole incident was that several people stopped to see if I was ok. I really appreciate that. However, an Asian couple who didn't speak great English stopped and asked several times about my condition and I tried to reassure them that I was hurt but fine. At the sight of the large amount of blood streaming down my arm and leg, the woman asked if I would like a band aid all the while holding up two small band aids... There was no way this would stop the bleeding but it was all they could offer. It made me laugh but I greatly appreciate the thought...

All is well now, I'm still a little bruised and scraped but I'm back on the bike and will continue to ride.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're making this crap up.

9/01/2006 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Traffic Counter
Circuit City Coupon