Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My Post-Congegational Narrative!

That's right, I said it. I'm starting my post-congregational narrative. I found this fancy term on the Web. I believe this what country folk call a twenty dollar word (I just made that up). The funny thing is that I found it when I wickipedia'ed (is that a word) SCP. Needless to say, I like the ring of it. I believe I'll drop that one the next time one of the people from my church asks why I haven't been going.

On another note:

Thanks to everyone who has come by and left a comment or two. I appreciate your opinion. I realize the time you take to leave a comment is time you could spend doing something other than help a stranger figure out his way through the universe. Thank you.

I've also noticed that some folks have helped out by putting a link to my site on their blog (can't use the same word twice in a row). Socieityvs at Losing My Religion has a very well thought out opinion about faith and his personal journey through/within/about (I don't know) it. Also, check out YBMT?. I haven't had a chance to poke around there too much yet but it is an interesting community of people who really seem to care about each other. Hey, sounds like a church without all of the fighting and political wrangling, wouldn't that be nice for a change.

4 Comments:

Blogger bruced said...

Thanks for the mention, Scott!

We have our share of fighting and wrangling, but over all it is a real nice bunch of people. One thing for certain, most who participate in that community are sold on the idea that God made peace with His creation through the Cross of Christ.

9/11/2006 6:28 PM  
Blogger SocietyVs said...

Scott, thanks for the mention. I always love when people notice me (attention hog). Thanks for a plug about the blog also. I enjoy talking and conversing with all the people that are writing blogs, I find we all have this weird common ground...we either all left church or have some type of disgust with the 'status quo' of it. I am so there (in spirit) with all the people that express this frustration. Love your blog, it's food for thought and something I can empathize with.

9/11/2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I tried to explain the "weird common ground" to my wife the other day but I just couldn't articulate it. That really is an interesting topic.

Thanks for commenting.

9/12/2006 7:30 AM  
Blogger Chris Ledgerwood said...

YBMT and Society are great blogs. And there is really a since of community. It's pretty cool!!

9/22/2006 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Traffic Counter
Circuit City Coupon